Today marks 1 month, 1 week and 5 days since I have had a cigarette. And let me tell you, it feels good.
According the American Lung Association…
1. my blood pressure has decresed
2. my pulse rate has dropped
3. my body temp of hands and feet has increased
4. carbon monoxide levels have dropped to normal
5. my oxygen level in my blood has increased to normal
6. my chance of having a heart attack has decreased
7. my ability to smell and taste is enhanced
8. walking is easier
9. circulation improves
10. lung function increases
Don’t get me wrong, these are all good things but here is the best part….
The reason some people chose NOT to quit is because of the weight gain factor. The last time I quit smoking, I gained 15 pounds within a few months and was dating E at the time. This time, I haven’t gained weight, I have actually lost some! It could be related to other factors but….
Let me tell you…it was a great feeling reaching into my closet the other day and pulling on a size 4 pair of jeans that happen to be my favorite and having them still fit!
This may sound silly, but my goal is to fit back into my high school uniform plaid skirt. Yes, I still have it. It is actually in my closet as motivation. It’s like owning a pair of skinny jeans. But instead, mine happens to be my Mercy plaid! Not too far away!
Could you imagine, weighing what you did in high school?