I was walking down the hall to return to my cubicle, I said to myself, “Self, you need to get out of this funk.” I was slowly getting out of it as I thought about all I had accomplished this morning. The stack of cases to transfer appeared to be getting smaller. It was the sense of “getting things done” that made me feel good. Lighter. Content.
As I sit here at the end of my day reflecting on today, this is what got me out of my funk.
1. My new chiropractor. I call him Doc. I suffer from lower back pain/sciatic issues from a back injury in 2003. Still not feeling like my normal self. I have been to several doctors, therapists, etc. But Doc! Doc did some work on my back. He practically performed a miracle because I walked out of there feeling lighter, straighter and had no pain. GO SEE HIM! He is famous!
2. Dinner. I made dinner tonight. It has been a long time since I cooked and I love to cook. I made turkey and pineapple tacos and they were delicious! It was a recipe I just made up and will share with you in another post. Let’s just say, this girl is very happy there are leftovers!
3. My best friend. One of my best girlfriends came over last minute and joined me for #2. As she would say, “It was Jummy!” It’s been awhile since we had girl time, so it was nice to catch up on all the boy gossip. I think we even planned days of the week that work for a trip to Hawaii (Wednesday-Sunday).
4. Laundry. I know, most people hate doing it. I hate doing it. But there is nothing like clean clothes that smell like a hint of lavender. I. LOVE. LAVENDER. And I love when my clothes are neatly folded and put away.
5. A clean kitchen. The dishes are done. The kitchen is clean. The food is tucked away in the refrigerator in their little containers.
Looking back at today, it made me smile…in the end!